DJs for Your Jewish Celebration
Jewish Wedding, Jewish
Wedding music is mood music. The commitment symbolized by the Jewish
wedding ceremony is a bonding of two souls. Meaningful music choices
can reflect the spiritual heights of the day.
You are not limited to any style, genre or
tempo. To some it's not a Jewish Wedding if "Hava Nagila" wasn't played
and the Hora wasn't danced, but truthfully, what makes a Jewish wedding
Jewish are the Jewish Bride and the Jewish Groom.
So you may opt to hire a DJ juggling rock
and roll or modern Israeli music; you may go for the string quartet; the
one-man-band; the full orchestra; or a Klezmer group.
What ever makes you dance!
Practical Advice - Questions
to Ask When Choosing your Music Provider
Regardless of who you hire,
whether a band that performed at all your friends' weddings, or a new
group on the horizon.... be cautious, and get everything agreed upon
before making initial payment.
• Search the
Jewish Celebrations DIRECTORY
for fine Musicians and DJs that will make your party an affair to
Here's a list of issues that should be
included in your contract:
• In detail, the exact date of event, expected arrival time, and the
location including the address and any specifics i.e. west entrance.
• List of the equipment expected to be supplied as well as a list of
the equipment to be provided; e.g., chairs, music stands,
• Musicians attire guidelines; You have the right to require your
musicians to comply with the dress style of your affair, be it
formal, semi-formal or even casual.
• A list of songs, and instructions as when they should be played.
It is good to discuss B-list songs to play should they need to fill
• Duration of of time musicians are expected to perform; fees for
overtime; commitment to perform overtime, if necessary.
• Contract should list the names of the specific musicians who will
play at your ceremony, as well as names of acceptable substitutes
should there be an emergency.
• Discuss cost in detail, and verify if there any hidden or extra
charges, such as travel expenses.
• REVIEW CANCELLATION POLICY.
• Have everything documented in WRITING.